Info Sentinel: Travel Security
Skills and Ideas Taught: Info-Sentinel’s Learning Objectives are as follows:
- Developing the skills needed to recognize the most common information security vulnerabilities
- Understanding the connection between a worker’s daily actions and cyber security breaches.
- Learning to recognize the subtleties of what constitutes valuable information
- Understanding the general nature of Social Engineering techniques used by attackers
- Displaying the ability to take the necessary actions upon discovering a security vulnerability
Goal or Challenge: The trainee becomes “Sentinel”, a skilled cyber security inspector who is sent to investigate a company that has become a victim of a cyber-breach.
- Assess the company’s standing with regards to Information Assurance best practices and log his/her findings
- Discover how the leak might have occurred, and stop the on-going breach.
- College and university students (as a part of the information technology related training)
- General employees of medium to large scale organizations and government (Any group of employees coming in contact with sensitive information)
Assessment Approach: The game’s scenario is divided into 4 sections which is packed with multiple security violations and vulnerabilities that can be placed under a global set of categories:
- Insufficient protection of confidential information
- Unsecured equipment or network
- Vulnerable equipment left unattended
- Lack of Discretion
Description:Organizations increasingly transfer cyber security knowledge to their staff in the form of publications and instructor-led training. However, knowledge transfer does not guarantee skill development. In order to let the trainees become skilled at recognizing threats, and being fully aware of the direct connection between their daily actions and cyber security breaches, Info-Sentinel lets them experience the point of view of a cyber-security inspector. They deal with the same mistakes that the trainee might be making throughout his/her day. Challenged with taking the necessary actions to reveal vulnerabilities, the trainee must think critically and understand the way the hackers think.
Game Engine: MAVI Serious Game Engine
Operating System: Web,Windows 7,Windows 8,Android
Platform: Personal Computer
Special Hardware: None