The Serious Games Showcase & Challenge (SGS&C) announced 23 finalists who will be showcased at the 2018 Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) Nov. 26 through Nov. 29. The winners will be recognized on Nov. 29at 1:30 p.m. during a special SGS&C awards presentation taking place on the I/ITSEC floor.
In this, the 13th year for SGS&C, the finalists games span a range of topics including healthcare, voting, dentistry, chemistry, ecosystems, and parachuting!
“Our evaluation committee was so impressed with all of our submissions this year, and for many of us who have participated for several years, it is really exciting to see how the caliber of our games continues to increase,” said Jennifer McNamara, Breakaway Games, and director for the SGS&C. “I encourage I/ITSEC attendees to carve out some time to play these games and meet our developers as I know they will also be impressed with them!”
SGS&C places games into three developer categories. The 15 finalists in the business category are:
- AppClinic – Saving Lives! by Adtalem Global Education & Filament Games
- Code of Aegis by the University of Houston & Tietronics Software
- Fireworks, The Entrepreneurship Game by E. I. Games LLC
- Glidin2 by Soar Technology, Inc.
- Gloob Rescue by Design Interactive, Inc
- HoloLAB Champions by Schell Games
- Incident Commander 2 by BreakAway Games
- Joko’s World: Pocket Planet by Cultural Infusion
- SimInClass by Simsoft Technologies
- SimScientists Ecosystems Games by WestEd & Intelligent Automation, Inc.
- SimuSurg by Cmee4 Productions
- Spark City by Gronstedt Group and Wal-Mart
- Vital Signs by Classroom, Inc.
- Vital Signs Nursing by BreakAway Games
- Voters Ed by Second Avenue Learning
The 7 finalists in the student category are:
- A Mirror’s Tale by the University of Geneva
- Dental Madness by Full Sail University
- Prism by Carnegie Mellon University
- Tablecraft by the UCF Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy (FIEA) /Not Suspicious
- Thin Line by Carnegie Mellon University
- Unboxed by DePaul University/Studio Fire
- You Busy? by DePaul University/Studio Fire
The 1 finalist in the government category is:
- Difficult Airway Algorithm and Rescue Cricothyrotomy (DAARC) by VHA EES eLearning
SGS&C is fortunate to have supportive corporate sponsors that provide special awards and recognition for the finalists, as well as help promote the challenge. Those sponsors are: Techwise, Virtual Heroes, Bohemia Interactive, Box and HP.For more information, please visit www.SGSChallenge.com.