Serious Game Showcase & Challenge (SGS&C) is pleased to announce its 2012 finalists. Finalists are currently being reviewed by an esteemed panel of evaluators to determine the winners in the Business, Government, and Student categories. Six of the finalists are also competing for the Best Mobile Game Award.
Six of the finalists are being evaluated for the Adaptive Force Award (this year’s Special Emphasis Award). Adaptive Force games encourage the player to repeatedly try new or different strategies to solve problems while considering feedback with the purpose of improving overall success.
The SGS&C 2012 Finalists are:
- Agent Surefire: Insider Threat
MAVI Interactive in partnership with Cypherpath
- C-ID Combat Vehicle Detection & Identification (mobile)
Crystal Island: Lost Investigation
North Carolina State University, The IntelliMedia Group
- Cyber Awareness Challenge
- DragonBox+ (mobile and Adaptive Force)
Game Over Gopher
New Mexico State University Learning Games Lab
- Government in Action (Adaptive Force)
McGraw-Hill Education in partnership with Muzzy Lane Software
- Tunnel Tail (mobile and Adaptive Force)
Best Foundation in partnership with Schell Games
Virtual Attain (Adaptive Force)
- CorrSim (mobile and Adaptive Force)
DoD Office of Corrosion Policy and Oversight in partnership with Game Services Group, Inc.
- Cross-Cultural Competence Trainer (3CT) Mobile (mobile)
Joint Knowledge Online, Joint Staff J-7
- Geothermal World
HITLab NZ (University of Canterbury) & Driedfrog Ltd.
- LinguaLift Blocks
Harvard University & University of Oxford
IT University of Copenhagen
- Movers & Shakers (mobile)
Singapore-MIT Gambit Game Lab
- Nevermind (Adaptive Force)
Team Nevermind, University of Southern California
Congratulations to all of the SGS&C 2012 Finalists and good luck in the Challenge!