Welcome to the Serious Games Showcase & Challenge (SGS&C)
The Serious Games Showcase & Challenge (SGS&C) is the premier venue for recognition of excellence in the field of Serious Games development. Since 2006, SGS&C has helped foster creativity and innovation in Serious Games as part of NTSA’s I/ITSEC Conference held in each year in Orlando, Florida.
Serious Games Showcase & Challenge (SGS&C) Announces 2018’s Top Winners
The 2018 Serious Games Showcase & Challenge (SGS&C) announced this year’s winners of the annual serious games competition at an awards ceremony at the conclusion of the Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC). Twenty-three finalists, chosen from the original entries submitted in late summer, competed for awards in several categories, including the newest category, Best XR game.
The 2018 winners are:
- Best Government Game Award: Difficult Airway Algorithm and Rescue Cricothyrotomy (DAARC) by the Veterans Health Administration Employee Education System-eLearning
- Best Student-Developed Game Award: Tablecraft by the Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy (FIEA) at the University of Central Florida
- Best Business-Developed Game Award: HoloLAB Champions by Schell Games
- People’s Choice: Gloob Rescue by Design Interactive
- Best XR Game: HoloLAB Champions by Schell Games
- Students’ Choice Award: Code of Aegis by the University of Houston Clear Lake & Tietronix Software
- SGS&C Innovation Award: Dental Madness by Full Sail University
All finalists participated in I/ITSEC to showcase their games and give attendees – military, defense contractors, government employees and even high school students – the opportunity to play the games. Monday through Wednesday attendees could vote on their favorite for the coveted People’s Choice award.
SGS&C Director, Jennifer McNamara, said, “I was highly impressed with the diversity and breadth of subjects addressed by the serious game finalists in our biggest showcase yet. The XR games presented in our first XR award competition truly highlighted novel applications of the design approaches and technologies for providing learning experiences.”
To learn more, please visit the 2018 Finalists and Winners page.
Sponsors for this year’s SGS&C are: Techwise, Bohemia Interactive Simulations, Epic Games, Applied Research Associates Inc., Engineering & Computer Simulations (ECS), Trideum Corporation, Virginia Serious Game Institute – VSGI, Full Sail University, NVIDIA, HP, and Box. Please visit the SGS&C Sponsors page for more information.