2018 SGS&C Finalists Announced!
The Serious Games Showcase & Challenge (SGS&C) is excited to announce our 23 finalists in the business, government, and student categories for 2018! Our team was so impressed with all of the submissions and really enjoyed learning and playing the games during our downselect earlier this month.
The 15 finalists in the Business category are:
- AppClinic – Saving Lives! by Filament Games
- Code of Aegis by the University of Houston & Tietronics Software
- Cruzin’ by Soar Technology, Inc.
- Fireworks, The Entrepreneurship Game by E. I. Games LLC
- Gloob Rescue by Design Interactive, Inc.
- HoloLAB Champions by Schell Games
- Incident Commander 2 by BreakAway Games
- Joko’s World: Pocket Planet by Cultural Infusion
- SimInClass by Simsoft Technologies
- SimScientists Ecosystems Games by WestEd
- SimuSurg by Cmee4 Productions
- Spark City by Gronstedt Group
- Vital Signs by Classroom, Inc.
- Vital Signs Nursing by BreakAway Games
- Voters Ed by Second Avenue Learning
The 1 finalist in the Government category is:
- Difficult Airway Algorithm and Rescue Cricothyrotomy (DAARC) by VHA EES eLearning
The 7 finalists in the Student category are:
- A Mirror’s Tale by the University of Geneva
- Dental Madness by Full Sail University
- Prism by Carnegie Mellon University
- Tablecraft by the Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy (FIEA) at the University of Central Florida
- Thin Line by Carnegie Mellon University
- Unboxed by DePaul University/Studio Fire
- You Busy by DePaul University/Studio Fire
Thank you to all of our game submissions and congratulations to our finalists! Stay tuned in the coming weeks as we introduce and feature each of these finalist games on our website and on social media before they take center stage at this year’s Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference, Nov. 26-30, 2018. The winners will be announced on Thursday, Nov. 29
Welcome to the Serious Games Showcase & Challenge (SGS&C)
The Serious Games Showcase & Challenge (SGS&C) is the premier venue for recognition of excellence in the field of Serious Games development. Since 2006, SGS&C has helped foster creativity and innovation in Serious Games as part of NTSA’s I/ITSEC Conference held in each year in Orlando, Florida.This year’s conference is November 26-30, 2018, and 2018 SGS&C winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on November 29.